How much is privacy worth to you?
Did you know that anytime you register a domain, your personal information is exposed 24 hours a day? Your name. Your address. Your phone number. Your email. It’s all published online for anyone to see, as mandated by ICANN. But you have the power to change this. With Private Registration…
- Your domain is registered under the name Domains By Proxy, so its information is made public — not yours.
- You retain full control of your domain. You can cancel, sell, renew or transfer your domain, set up name servers for your domain and resolve disputes involving your domain.
- You manage and control all email addressed to the domain, as well as the domain’s contact information, with Domains By Proxy’s patented registration and email handling systems.
- You’re still accountable for your actions. Don’t even think about using a private registration to transmit spam, violate the law or engage in morally objectionable activities.
Morally Objectionable Activities include, but are not limited to:
• Child pornography
• Anything harmful to minors
• Abusive treatment
• Encouraging or promoting tortious conduct
• Anything involving hate crimes or terrorism
• Anything involving racial, ethnic or otherwise objectionable conduct
Your personal information is safe with us.
By having your domain registered with POWERHOSTER.COM and your personal information protected by our affiliate company, Domains By Proxy®, you get two unique and powerful layers of security. In addition to your registrar account, you’ll receive a separate account for managing your Private Registration, which can go a long way towards thwarting domain name hijackers.
You might not think your domain name is valuable, but it is. Domain name hijacking has increased exponentially in recent years, with thieves worldwide attempting to steal domains to facilitate scams, relay spam and fraudulent information, spread malware, and worse. Don’t let this happen to you – keep your domain safe and secure with Private Registration.
Private Registration helps you:
- Protect your identity
- Stop domain-related spam
- Block harassers and stalkers
- End data mining
- Maintain your personal and family privacy
- Prevent domain name hijacking
- Shield legitimate business endeavors